Discussion topic: Upgrade to Ultrafast

This message was authored by CarlH281161 This message was authored by: CarlH281161

Upgrade to Ultrafast

Has anyone else had problems with upgrading to ultrafast broadband?

I ordered ultrafast to be installed in early July. The engineer came and carried out the installation to my property but could not connect it externally to the network. This requires some work by BT Openreach.

Since then I have heard nothing from Sky Broadband other than emails telling me I will get a text update on a given date.

Each time I chase them up, they just advise me to wait another week for a text update that never comes.

BT Openreach advised me in May that Ultrafast broadband was now available to my property, so it should not take 10 weeks plus to get it connected.

I'm seriously disillusioned with how Sky customer services works.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Upgrade to Ultrafast

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CarlH281161 wrote:

BT Openreach advised me in May that Ultrafast broadband was now available to my property, so it should not take 10 weeks plus to get it connected.

Unfortunately that messaging from Openreach is typically specific to an area rather than an individual address, and does not take account of the kind of issue you've run into: it's likely that you would be experiencing the same delay with any other ISP that uses the Openreach network.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion