Discussion topic: Third party router setup - username and password

This message was authored by Remsey This message was authored by: Remsey

Third party router setup - username and password

Hi everyone. I'm trying to setup my deco M5 which is connected to Openreach ONT. I've connected the Ethernet cable from the ONT to deco M5 and started the setup. But now, the setup is asking for username and password which I don't know where to get that. Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Third party router setup - username and password

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Remsey as far as I know you cannot connect a TP-Link Deco system directly to a UK Sky full fibre service as the router does not support Sky's authentication system. Ireland is different.

For reference Sky requires support for DHCPv4 Option 61 with a string in thecform anything@skydsl|anything which always works or DHCPv6 PD which works on most but not all exchanges.

You can however use any Deco system set up,in Access Point mode behind a Sky hub or in a Double NAT set up if you prefer.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Remsey
Topic Author
This message was authored by Remsey This message was authored by: Remsey

Re: Third party router setup - username and password

Thanks @Chrisee. I have now used the deco in access point mode. It's working fine.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion