Discussion topic: TP Link AC2100 setup issues

This message was authored by JonnyBrereton This message was authored by: JonnyBrereton

TP Link AC2100 setup issues

Hello, 

after finally having had enough of the sky hub making online gaming impossible in my home I have opted for a third party solution so I can prioritise the throughput. My choice being the TP Link AC2100

however, I cannot for the life of me get the TP-Link to connect to the internet. I've searched on here, I've followed instuctions, but I'm at a point now where I'm stuck. 

I'm hopeful that someone here could give me some step by step instructions to get this up and running please? 

I have Sky superfast FTTC, router connected to an open reach wall plate to the broadband socket. I have attempted to get it running using both the tether app and via the TP Link webpage. All attempts failing at the internet connection test. 
I have tried all combinations of usernames and passwords found on here such as

anything at skydsl.com

install at o2broadband 

etc etc

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: TP Link AC2100 setup issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JonnyBrereton on most TP-Link routers if you go to the Manual Setup there is a drop down with a preset for Sky VDSL or similar that populates the correct settings. If there isnt you need to select the connection type that offers DHCP Option61 and dnter the username anything@skydsl and the password anything 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JonnyBrereton
Topic Author
This message was authored by JonnyBrereton This message was authored by: JonnyBrereton

Thank you, I will try this just one question. 

Can this be done from the app or is it best from a laptop via Ethernet to the TP link router?

many thanks

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JonnyBrereton on mostvrouters you make configuration changes using the web interface.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JonnyBrereton
Topic Author

I'm in! Thank you so much 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion