Discussion topic: Street Address issule.

TrebleTA
Topic Author
This message was authored by TrebleTA This message was authored by: TrebleTA

Re: Street Address issule.

I have noticed my address is wrong on the bt wholesale site, yet openreach, and BTs main site its correct.

Maybe that's why it was rejected, yet still strange how a BT engineer can only find my street by following the cables to my door. 

So Ive ask sky(now) to chase it up more. 

And my line is going nuts, SNR Margin can go from 0 to 6.8, my upline 1 sec has G.inp and Interleaving, yet next its fastpath. And dsl connection speed is going from 44mb to 60mb down and upline speed increases when g.inp kicks in by 3mb else its 10mb. With lots of errors, when testing on a 3ed party device.

This is all driving me nuts.

Sky FTTP, SR203 hub self bridged to Asus AX82U. Sky Q UHD to Samsung QE55S95BAYXXU , Sky Q Mini.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TrebleTA database errors happen and it take a while for corrections to get picked up by all the sites. Assume. You have reported the errors to Sky if not run the connection test in My Sky app as thst can book an engineer if it doesnt call Sky. Calls to 150 on your Sky Talk line are free. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
TrebleTA
Topic Author

A line test comes back fine. Yet it's not right,  It's the cab or further on down the line to the exchange.

Sky FTTP, SR203 hub self bridged to Asus AX82U. Sky Q UHD to Samsung QE55S95BAYXXU , Sky Q Mini.
TrebleTA
Topic Author

So this is what I thinking, I was getting power cuts, a tree was hitting the power line, my power was going on and off like someone was playing with a switch, it's been fixed for 2 weeksnow, yet was going on for months.

My speed has not returned so maybe the power cuts to the area have tripped out the DLM in the Cab. Plus all the engineer checks and new cabling an socket.

So wondering  Can sky do a DLM reset or only BT engineers?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@TrebleTA 

DLM Resets can only be carried out by Openreach engineers after they have attended your property to investigate the fault. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
TrebleTA
Topic Author

Thank you 

This message was authored by Colin+XSD This message was authored by: Colin+XSD

I have a similar problem.
With the massive price hike that is coming I am considering switching from Sky Fibre Broadband to BT or EE. I tried EE (since I am with them for Mobile) and according to them Fibre isn't currently connected at our address. I checked with the BT switching service and our address number doesn't show up but nextdoor (which doesn't exist any more since it is now part of our property) does. The Royal Mail Database has got it right.

I am hoping Sky will see sense and offer me a better deal to stay but if they don't I will need to get this sorted apparently only your current ISP can make corrections to the database.

How do I get Sky to get the database corrected to show our property exists and has Fibre connected?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Colin+XSD 

You need to call sky and ask them to fill out an ORDI request (Openreach Database Integrity)

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Colin+XSD This message was authored by: Colin+XSD

Hopefully I have it sorted now, took 3 different phone numbers to call at Sky and countless menu options before I got to speak to someone but they say they have made the change.
The correct address still isn't showing on BT but does on Plusnet (although comes up times out once selected), I will try EE tomorrow. Apparently from what I have read elsewhere it can take a few days for the updates to get fully distributed throughout the various networks?

Colin.

TrebleTA
Topic Author

For me it's still not fixed for FTTC, yet FTTP it is correct, I guess were they are phasing out FTTC there not bothered it its correct.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion