Discussion topic: Speed History

This message was authored by Jo246 This message was authored by: Jo246

Speed History

Hi,

I'm trying to locate my Sky Broadband Superfast speed history. Before I could access, online, the history showing the last 14 days stats. I can't locate it now. If I do a Wi-Fi speed check it just tells me everything is fine. I'm wanting to access to see if my minimum guaranteed speed has been met.

Thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

Re: Speed History

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jo246 It should tell you in the MySky app if you don't have it already?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
Jo246
Topic Author

@JPR007 That's what I thought too and where I used to access it but it's not there anymore that I can see.

@Jo246 Have you tried logging into MySky online via a browser?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

Jo246
Topic Author

@JPR007  Yep, tried on the app and via browser....on different devices too.

@Jo246 Might have to dig a bit more then. When did you take out your current contract? Whenever you did you should have an email from Sky, and on there usually down the bottom somewhere it will tell you the minimum guaranteed speed.

If you can find this, you can at least log into your router and see what speed you are currently running at but obviously won't provide history, other than how long the connection has been up for at the speed it's currently synced at. 

Jo246
Topic Author

I know what my minimum guaranteed speed should be thanks, it's the history I'm after from Sky's monitoring.

This message was authored by Simply+Old This message was authored by: Simply+Old

I too have been trying unsuccessfully via app and on line for my speed history.  I managed to find it last week via the app when the history showed my speed was well below the 25 Mbps guarantee speed but the speed history now appears to have disappeared completely. 

This message was authored by DrewMay This message was authored by: DrewMay

Hello,

I had the same issue as you where I couldn't find my 14 day speed history.

I've just found how to view it by chance on the my sky app.

I ran a speed test through the app, scroll down once the test has finished to where it lists all of your speeds.

Press on the information icon next to your measured download speed and the 14 day history comes up.

Hope this helps.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@DrewMay whether the speed history shows is dependent on the type of connection you have. There is no way for Sky to measure spedds over full fibre connections so no history shows but it should if you have a service overca copper phone line. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by DrewMay This message was authored by: DrewMay

@Chrisee as the OP asked regarding a superfast connection, it is safe to say they're on a copper line and can view their speed history over the last 14 days.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@DrewMay not necessarily Sky are increasingly selling Superfast over fibre as well. However the majority of Superfast customers will still be over copper. 

Over the next few years expect to see customers switched over to fibre at contract renewal time etc as the    planned turn off of the copper network gets closer.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion