Discussion topic: Solid orange voice on router, no wifi

This message was authored by nstokes This message was authored by: nstokes

Re: Solid orange voice on router, no wifi

That was the first issue in about 2 weeks or so as well. Started to think it was soles with a firmware update but clearly not. 

just wish someone from sky would acknowledge it and start to look into it. 

Sky Q 2TB, 2 x Sky Q mini

Issue is still here and just happened again. Anyone got an email address I can send a complaint to as this is getting beyond a joke now?

IMG_0164.jpeg

Simon+JBech
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simon+JBech This message was authored by: Simon+JBech

Still happening to me and happens throughout different times of the day.

Simply rebooting the router will sometimes resolve the issue, but not always. I've taken to simply calling the number and jump through their hoops. I'm hoping to give it enough times and I could request a cancellation without contract charges since they're not delivering on their end.

I've just called sky now and spoke to a very nice chap, he listened to what I have said, I guided him to this thread and mentioned there are others and can guide him to them if need be. He saw this one, read it and says there is enough evidence to escalate this and has done so. 

This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

Thanks for getting this issue escalated - it will be interesting to see if Sky find the issue - please keep us updated 

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Stream, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenny+Rankin The issue seems to be related to a fault on one of the many servers that handle connections to Sky's network. These units are actually physically in exchanges around the country. Therefore we get a number of posts when one or more of these goes on the blink. The CS rep will have escalated this to the Network team who fix the issue which can involve getting an engineer to the location to replace the physical unit.

You can sometimes get round the issue by powering down your hub for a few minutes and reconnecting which hopefully gets you onto a unit that is operating correctly but its a gamble.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Update:  I have had a text from Sky this morning to say my report has been passed onto a higher up and is now being investigated.  I have never had a message from them sayingt hat before so here is hoping something is being done

This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

Thanks @nstokes , that sounds hopeful.

Likewise, , thanks @Chrisee - I appreciate the issue seems to be a hardware issue but CS agents simply do not acknowledge the issue and instead walk impacted users through their scripts, attributing the issue to cordless phones, microwaves, replacing the router etc.

The  issue is pervasive and is not being fixed so if it is faulty hardware it is not being swapped out.

I have spoken to two people in the last week who live within a 5 mile radius of me and both have the same problem.

And whilst the problem can normally be rectified by resettting or power cycling the router, that is little comfort of away from home and you can no longer operate Hive/Nest hubs, remote alarms and security cameras etc.

My hope is that Sky would acknowledge an issue and set out their plans to investigate and rectify  

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Stream, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub
This message was authored by mjcneat This message was authored by: mjcneat

I've been having this same issue since having FTTP installed in February. Usually happens every few weeks. I have called Sky and logged on each occasions. I've had a new hub and escalation to the "network team" twice with no resolution. 

Each time I call I get told the voice light/VOIP service shouldn't have any impact on internet connection, but it does!!

Due to my numerous calls, I've been told today that Sky will waive any early termination charges (4 months into an 18 month contract) should I decide to leave. I feel like it's the only way to resolve it, as their customer service/technical teams don't seem to know what to do to rectify this issue long term. 

I have not had any issues since mine was escalated, however, i have rebooted router a couple of times due to power cut and router location move, so no idea if that has masked it for the time being, but still checking every day and so far all good.

Update, still no issues.  Could it be fixed 😮

Simon+JBech
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simon+JBech This message was authored by: Simon+JBech

They sent me out a new router last week, and that seems to have stabilised things too. Fluctuated first day or two but seems better now

This message was authored by mjcneat This message was authored by: mjcneat

I had a replacement hub and it was fine a few weeks but then the issue started again.

Since my above post I have actually changed ISP to Zen. Changeover happens tomorrow so hoping I won't have this issue (or similar) in future.

Seems I posted to early. Problem still here 

IMG_2641.png

IMG_2642.png

Nstokes - did you ever get to speak to a 'higher-up' after escalation ? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion