Discussion topic: Sky wifi max

This message was authored by howdy12 This message was authored by: howdy12

Sky wifi max

Just received my sky wifi max hub, connected it all up and working etc, but bit confused as there seems 2 different identifications on there, I mean the hard wired line to the hub for e.g my sky q says connected too skyd9@## when my wifi devices are connected to sky4f#@# which is the correct one as that's the I.d on the card that came with it. So my question is why is it different on the sky q🤔.  Also if try to connect my phone to the skyd9 it fails straight away only the sky4f works. Hope there's a simple answer to this.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky wifi max

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@howdy12 ignore the SSID your Sky Q box reports that is a closed network the Q boxes use to communicate the SSID onnthe hub's label is the onne to use for thitd party devices.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
howdy12
Topic Author
This message was authored by howdy12 This message was authored by: howdy12

Re: Sky wifi max

Cheers for that, makes sense now. Sky q be going on Wednesday anyway, got sky glass coming. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion