Discussion topic: Sky hub internet keeps dropping

This message was authored by Vicky-Rose This message was authored by: Vicky-Rose

Sky hub internet keeps dropping

Over the last few days, the internet keeps dropping out. I have 3 green lights on my hub, and then the middle light turns red to say no internet.  I also have sky glass so half way through watching a programme it freezes and then I get the wheel of doom going round on the tv until the Internet re connects. 

I've been on the my sky app and run tests on my broadband, but by the time the test has run through it says nothing is wrong. 

it's becoming quite frustrating as it's not just once or twice a day it's more or less 4-5 times in an hour. 
I haven't had any weather warnings for my area,

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Sky hub internet keeps dropping

@Vicky-Rose 

If the broadband drops more than 10 times a day DLM will attempt to stabilise the broadband line, if you continue to get more than ten drops a day after a few days then you have a fault on the broadband line itself and that will need an engineer, usually, Openreach to fix the intermittent and regular line drops fault.

Recommend this is escalated to Sky to book an engineer to investigate the fault 😉

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Vicky-Rose
Topic Author
This message was authored by Vicky-Rose This message was authored by: Vicky-Rose

Thankyou @mae-3  

This message was authored by DanLl This message was authored by: DanLl

Hello @Vicky-Rose 

Did you manage to escalate this to Sky? And if so how. I have exactly the same issue... 

Cheers!

Dan

This message was authored by Maryamm This message was authored by: Maryamm

Over the last 10 days, similar things are happening. The Internet would drop, and I have to re-connect my laptop about 6-8 times a day. I have SR204 and you can tell when this happen when all the lights goes off. Then Power goes green, after a while voice turns orange, and the Internet takes 70 seconds before blinking orange - before turning green! I've started connecting to my mobile internet when having a Zoom meeting to avoid this interruption of about 90-120 seconds. below is the diagnostic and statistics. 

sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

SKY1.jpgSKY2.jpg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion