Discussion topic: Sky haven't turned up for two installation appointments. I m looking for a way to get a definite ap.

This message was authored by MichaelLogan This message was authored by: MichaelLogan

Sky haven't turned up for two installation appointments. I m looking for a way to get a definite ap.

I've made several attempts to contact Sky to schedule an installation. The engineer didn't turn up for two previous appointments. 

Calls to 03442 cannot be processed by Sky because I'm using an overseas mobile number. The installation is for UK address but Sky seem to be unable to process my installation.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Sky haven't turned up for two installation appointments. I m looking for a way to get a definite

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MichaelLogan no idea why you cannot call Sky's 03 numbers as these are standard UK non-geographic numbers charged at normal rates. They are accessible from outside the UK by addding the +44 prefix and dropping the leading zero. Most Sky numbers start 033 but be careful of numbers found on line as they can be call forwarding service aka rip off merchants.

Sky only do a limited number of broadband installs themselves most especially where new fibre lines are being run thst work is normally done by Openreach who do miss appointments as the engineers gave multiple appointments scheduled for a slot where one jib over runs the later jobs get dropped. Nothing either you or Sky can do unfortunstely. You will be compensated after the job is complete see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Sky haven't turned up for two installation appointments. I m looking for a way to get a definite

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MichaelLogan no idea why you cannot call Sky's 03 numbers as these are standard UK non-geographic numbers charged at normal rates. They are accessible from outside the UK by addding the +44 prefix and dropping the leading zero. Most Sky numbers start 033 but be careful of numbers found on line as they can be call forwarding service aka rip off merchants.

Sky only do a limited number of broadband installs themselves most especially where new fibre lines are being run thst work is normally done by Openreach who do miss appointments as the engineers gave multiple appointments scheduled for a slot where one jib over runs the later jobs get dropped. Nothing either you or Sky can do unfortunstely. You will be compensated after the job is complete see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
MichaelLogan
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichaelLogan This message was authored by: MichaelLogan

Thanks for the information.

After posting that I made one more attempt to get through, and bingo!

Don't know what was different this time but got through to someone who could see what was wrong.

Installation visit scheduled for tomorrow.

Third time lucky 😀 hopefully.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion