Discussion topic: Sky fibre network terminal problem

This message was authored by StevieB57 This message was authored by: StevieB57

Sky fibre network terminal problem

Good evening,

Was diong a bit of wallpapering at my daughter's house so I had to dis-connect the network terminal, hub, etc. so I could put new paper on wall. Once finished,  attempted to re-connect terminal, hub but the Loss of Signal light remained red & internet would not connect. Optical cable was covered with bag while I decorated to prevent any dust getting in.

Anyone any ideas what problem could be?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky fibre network terminal problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StevieB57 

'LOS' is 'loss of signal': i.e. no light is detected coming down the optical fibre.  An obvious suspicion would be that at some point the fibre pigtail got damaged, but it might just be worth unplugging and re-seating that green jack.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@StevieB57 

'LOS' is 'loss of signal': i.e. no light is detected coming down the optical fibre.  An obvious suspicion would be that at some point the fibre pigtail got damaged, but it might just be worth unplugging and re-seating that green jack.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@StevieB57 

Incidentally it's an Openreach ONT rather than a 'Sky fibre network terminal'.  If it or the fibre is now unserviceable the account holder will need to book an Openreach visit via Sky, which realistically won't now be until sometime next week.

StevieB57
Topic Author
This message was authored by StevieB57 This message was authored by: StevieB57

@TimmyBGood I thought it was a damaged fibre optical cable. Don't know if it has been kinked a bit too much. Sad that it survived the stripping of the old wallpaper but not the re-decorating. 

My daughter is onto Sky so hopefully she will get an OpenReach visit next week.

Thanks for your reply

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion