Discussion topic: Sky Q Hub hot and Lan drops

This message was authored by Edd+the+boring This message was authored by: Edd+the+boring

Sky Q Hub hot and Lan drops

My sky Q hub is in the open, but is getting hot to the touch.  It also keeps dropping the Lan connection.  This was working fine for years.  Now, it seems at least once everyday and if not more, the LAN connection is lost.

When looking from the rear of the box, when I plug in a LAN lead, the left hand port will show a solid orange light bottom left and flashing green bottom right.  Connection fails.  If I use the right hand port this will show bottom left solid green and bottom right flashing green. The LAN will work.  However, after a period of time and now it seems at least once a day, the bottom left light will go solid orange and the LAN connection stops.  I have swapped the leads and get the same issues.  I have to unplug the LAN cable, plug it back in the right port and it will work again for........ time.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Sky Q Hub hot and Lan drops

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Edd+the+boring 

Can you post your routers support log after the issue occurs?

Also regarding the heat from the Sky hub, its normal for it to be warm as thats how it dissipates its heat, how hot are we talking? It should be warm but comfortable to hold your on the top

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Edd+the+boring
Topic Author
This message was authored by Edd+the+boring This message was authored by: Edd+the+boring

Re: Sky Q Hub hot and Lan drops

Hi James, the log had virtually nothing in it before I posted on here, a list of failed to renews.  Then after you asked about the logs, and after I posted on here I went to get them and it was flooded with lots of different messages.  I called sky, they did checks and arranged an engineer as the broadband was showing lots of instability.  That's where we are now.  thank you for coming back to me, I appreciate it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion