Discussion topic: Sky Full Fibre but without a Sky Hub....

This message was authored by Watson+-+PC This message was authored by: Watson+-+PC

Sky Full Fibre but without a Sky Hub....

Im thinking of moving to Sky Full fibre but couple of questions first.....

My house has been extended since the original phoneline was installed and the chances of getting anywhere near that is remote....

Will Sky/Openreach run this to a different place?

I have Ethernet around the house with TP-Link  Deco providing Wifi where I need it, the current Sky box is just a dumb router really...

Does the Openreach ONT provide an ethernet port and works as the default router?

So I can plug directly into my home ethernet network?

I assume so but wanted to check

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Full Fibre but without a Sky Hub....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Watson+-+PC wrote:

My house has been extended since the original phoneline was installed and the chances of getting anywhere near that is remote....

Will Sky/Openreach run this to a different place?

Location of the copper phoneline is largely irrelevant for FTTP (although the incoming optical cable may follow the same route as far as an external wall of the property).

I have Ethernet around the house with TP-Link  Deco providing Wifi where I need it, the current Sky box is just a dumb router really...

Does the Openreach ONT provide an ethernet port and works as the default router?

The ONT has an ethernet port, but it is a modem, not a router

So I can plug directly into my home ethernet network?

Only if the device which will be acting as router is compatible with Sky FTTP

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion