Discussion topic: Sky Broadband Boost and SR213 Router

This message was authored by Faxlad This message was authored by: Faxlad

Sky Broadband Boost and SR213 Router

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere.

I have an SR203 router (which I've had for a good while), but have read elsewhere that if you upgrade to Sky Broadband Boost (I think called Max Extra now, but it still says Boost on my bill) which I did when moving home last May, that you should get a new SR213 router.

Can anyone explain what I can/should expect?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Broadband Boost and SR213 Router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Faxlad 

WiFi Max (and the new Max Hub) is a different product to Broadband Boost, and was released in the summer of 2023.

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/Sky-Broadband-releases-its-most-powerful-WiFi-yet 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Gazbop This message was authored by: Gazbop

Hi @TimmyBGood , I cant seem to get a straight answer from Sky, hope you might know the answer, I just got Sky Ultrafast Max Broadband in Ireland - the router they gave me was the SR203 model and not the newer SR213 version, do you know if the SR213 should have been supplied with the latest/dearest version of Max BB? 

I have mailed in on the complaints section (only place I could fine an actual mail address)

Apologies with the random question!! 🙂

Thanks

Gazza

This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

You don't get the SR213 unless you subscribe to WiFi Max 

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Stream, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub
This message was authored by Gazbop This message was authored by: Gazbop

Ahhh ok - I thought I had the latest and greatest!! - cheers for the info

This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

I have Sky gigafast but still have an SR203. I haven't upgraded since the SR213 isn't compatible with Sky Q.

i am planning to switch to Sky Stream so will subscribe to WiFi max then to get the newer hub 

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Stream, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion