Discussion topic: Siro disconnecting with third party router

This message was authored by TweekeewT This message was authored by: TweekeewT

Siro disconnecting with third party router

Having issues with my Sky Siro gigabit connection. I've been using a Google Nest mesh setup connected directly to the ONT for over a year with no issues. The trouble started a couple of months ago - the whole connection would drop completely, several times a day at random. It would come back within a minute, but it's not good enough when working from home or watching Sky Glass.

As an experiment, I tried reconnecting the original Sky-supplied router and the problem disappeared. Disconnected maybe twice in a week.

Faulty Google Nest system, right? Maybe not - I've replaced the setup with an Eero Pro 6 mesh and the problem has reappeared - disconnected a dozen times in two days. What are Sky doing to the line that's screwing up third party devices? I should be able to use my own equipment on my side of the ONT, as many people are.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or can suggest a solution? It's very difficult to get the issue across to online support. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion