Discussion topic: Second Sky Broadband

This message was authored by Eric+of+Cheam This message was authored by: Eric+of+Cheam

Second Sky Broadband

My existing Sky broadband is giving me download speeds between 40 and 60 Mbs with the consequence that devices keep disconnecting.  Sky's response is that I have too many devices.

Fibre is not yet available.

Is it possible to have a second Sky broadband line to run simultaneously and if so, how much would this cost.  Alternatively, should I get Virgin fibre that is available?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Second Sky Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eric+of+Cheam 

Sky won't supply a second broadband service at the same address.  If you choose to ask a different ISP, make really sure they understand it's an additional connection you're after, and not a takeover (which is what they would be expecting to do)

Virgin can offer far faster speed bands over their coaxial cable than Sky (or any other ISP) can do over Openreach copper using FTTC, but they'll make you pay for it after the minimum period has passed.

Note however that 'too many devices' is really a stock response which means 'we don't know what's going on'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Second Sky Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eric+of+Cheam 

Sky won't supply a second broadband service at the same address.  If you choose to ask a different ISP, make really sure they understand it's an additional connection you're after, and not a takeover (which is what they would be expecting to do)

Virgin can offer far faster speed bands over their coaxial cable than Sky (or any other ISP) can do over Openreach copper using FTTC, but they'll make you pay for it after the minimum period has passed.

Note however that 'too many devices' is really a stock response which means 'we don't know what's going on'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion