Discussion topic: Question about Sky Broadband Superfast (£25 month)

This message was authored by PianoMikey This message was authored by: PianoMikey

Question about Sky Broadband Superfast (£25 month)

Hi there, Is the Sky Broadband Superfast package for £25 per month, a Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) connection? I recently moved into a leasehold flat. I currently have an OpenReach Master Socket 5C box in the wall. If I get this broadband, in theory I should just get the sky router in the post and then on activation day its just plug router into the Master socket and its all good to go? As its a leasehold flat I don't want full fibre because that would likely involve getting work done on the building which I would have to get permission for first of course. Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Question about Sky Broadband Superfast (£25 month)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PianoMikey 

Sky, like other ISPs, will provision any new order (even for 40/10 'Superfast') over FTTP if that's available in the area: this is part of the national transition away from the legacy copper telecom network.

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
PianoMikey
Topic Author
This message was authored by PianoMikey This message was authored by: PianoMikey

@TimmyBGood Don't know how to post images on here. But used the address checker on there and have copied the text below. FTTP is not available. The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises. In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values. If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules. CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception. Thank you for your interest So it will be FTTC for me if I get this broadband?
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PianoMikey 

"FTTP is not available" is the key line, so provisioning should be over FTTC (and might well be remote activation)

Remember that even if, for some reason, an installation which required modification of anything at the address was scheduled, you can always refuse permission for that on the day.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
PianoMikey
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood Ok, thanks for the help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion