Discussion topic: Printer will not connect to Wi-Fi following upgrade to SkyQ

This message was authored by juvistan This message was authored by: juvistan

Printer will not connect to Wi-Fi following upgrade to SkyQ

Sky engineer replaced my router and sky Box 2 days ago following my upgrade to sky Q. My printer has not worked since then as it's not connected to Wi-Fi. I tried the obvious things such as switching it off and then on and Fiddling with the settings on my laptop, but nothing is working. Please help!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Printer will not connect to Wi-Fi following upgrade to SkyQ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@juvistan there two ways round this issue first is to change the bew hub's wifi SSID and password to match your old hub which is often quicker than logging in lots of devices. See https://www.sky.com/help/articles/find-and-change-your-wireless-password

Printers can be a pain to reprogramme with wifi details but the first step is to factory reset the printer which clears the memory for the old network.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: Printer will not connect to Wi-Fi following upgrade to SkyQ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@juvistanIf @Chrisee suggestion does not work, I do it that way. All you can do is get the printer instruction book out reset it to factory settings and start again.

If you can't find your printer manual post details of the printer and someone will probably be able to help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion