Discussion topic: PS5 Ethernet connection issues

This message was authored by RocknRollAnimal This message was authored by: RocknRollAnimal

PS5 Ethernet connection issues

When attempting an internet connection test on the PS5, the test will fail at the internet connection stage despite a working ethernet cable being connected. Other devices are able to access the internet but the PS5 will fail the test. The test says the error is caused by a DNS issue, however, changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 does not solve the issue.

After exiting the test, the PS5 will connect to the internet but all games receive intermittent packet loss and suffer from log which is less than desirable.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: PS5 Ethernet connection issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RocknRollAnimal 

My guess would be that's connected to how Sky hook DNS resolution as part of their internet filtering.  It's unlikely to be related to the other symptoms you describe.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: PS5 Ethernet connection issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @RocknRollAnimal 

Have you tried disabling Sky Shield?

Also is the ethernet direct to the hub or through something like powerline adapters, booster etc

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion