Discussion topic: Ordered broadband

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Ordered broadband

Morning

A sky engineer was recently out at my home to fix my sky TV, I talked to him about broadband, since I already have full fibre installed, I decided to go with Sky also for broadband, I explained that the ONT is faulty and needs replaced, he put that in the notes with the order and also said that I already had it installed and just needed the ONT switched over, I got a text yesterday off Openreach asking if I still wanted to go ahead with the installation, I'm a bit baffled as I was told a Sky engineer would be coming out, what shall I do just explain that the ONT needs switched over when Openreach turn up on Monday? I'm not sure as to why they are treating it as a installation, I understand that it's a new order with a different provider so that might be why 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Ordered broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 if you need a new ONT you normally need Openreach to check and test the set-up as while the could be bad the issue could be a poor fibre weld in the external connection point. While some Sky engineers can do this work you often get Openreach or one of the sub-contractors as there is a shortage of fibre engineers.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Robbo0410
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Re: Ordered broadband

Yeah no worries just thought I'd ask, I'll just have to explain that it's already installed and they'll check everything is working as they are treating it as an installation

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion