Discussion topic: Order not showing up in tracker

This message was authored by irlchuggo This message was authored by: irlchuggo

Order not showing up in tracker

Hi,

I ordered Sky Broadband last week and it's still not showing up in my order tracker; I've had all the relevant emails, order complete, set up date etc but it still says no orders in the tracker. I've been through the help on the website but it just circles back to the tracker which is obviously no help at all. Having looked through other queries, it seems probable that it's to do with an old Sky ID (I'm a returning customer and have probably used three or four email addresses so it's all a bit muddled). Unfortunately doing this over the phone isn't an option for me so if I could have it escalated that would be good, thank you. 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Order not showing up in tracker

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@irlchuggo  It's likely if you're accessing on an old account you won't see your order tracking,  If you left Sky and then returned after being away for a year then your account will have been closed as you have discovered so you will need to set up a new Sky ID.

If you want to use the same email address then you need to first remove it from the old account first as this will then free it up allowing it to be used when setting your new ID up. First try this link to do this:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details/sky-id/edit-unlink

If this link doesn't work for you then try it yourself by logging into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-id/sky-id

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

irlchuggo
Topic Author
This message was authored by irlchuggo This message was authored by: irlchuggo

Re: Order not showing up in tracker

@GD1 Thanks for your reply. I've done all this but it's still not linking the order to my existing account. I'm already a Sky Mobile customer and when I ordered broadband last week I used the same email address as I use for that, which is why I'm confused about the old ID issue. As far as I can tell it should have just been added to the same ID but it hasn't. I've now logged into my ancient account and changed that to a burner email so I don't have to worry about it any more and made sure that the current account I use (with my sky mobile contract) is linked to the same email I signed up with. Should I just wait for the order to come through on there or am I missing something?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion