Discussion topic: Optical Network Terminal

This message was authored by Prasad2430 This message was authored by: Prasad2430

Optical Network Terminal

Hello

i have took new sky broadband. But the Optical Network terminal is not working.

please look into this.

thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Optical Network Terminal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Prasad2430First of all you are not talking to Sky,

When is your activation of your services supposed to have happened and what lights are on the ONT just now?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Prasad2430
Topic Author
This message was authored by Prasad2430 This message was authored by: Prasad2430

Hello Highlander

Actualy today I.e., 15/11/22 is activation date and when I check with ONT it's not working.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Prasad2430 

Sky do suggest the customer checks in advance of the activation date, because an ISP has no way of knowing whether an existing ONT is working or not before their broadband service starts.

You should already have an ONT in your home if we’ve told you we’ll activate your broadband without needing to send an engineer. But to make sure we can get your broadband up and running on your activation date, you need to check it's working before then.

Find your ONT and check it's working:

• The Power light should be green. If it’s not, turn it off at the mains for 30 seconds. And while it’s off check:

• The power cable is plugged firmly into your ONT.
    • It's plugged in and switched on.
    • It's not switched off on your ONT (if it’s got an ON/OFF switch).
    • The main wall socket or extension lead is working.
  • The PON light should be solid or flashing green.

• It’s attached securely to the wall and doesn’t look damaged.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/optical-network-terminal

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Serege This message was authored by: Serege

I just moved to my apartment and i subscribed to Sky broadband. My hub was delivered today and while reading the instructions, i saw that i would need to connect to an ONT. The terminal in the apartment looks damaged and wet  as it was installed right next to the washing machine. My activation date is 31st March. What do i do?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Serege wrote:

The terminal in the apartment looks damaged and wet  as it was installed right next to the washing machine.

Ouch.  You'll need to log the issue with Sky but they may not let you do so until the activation date has been and gone.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion