Discussion topic: Openreach not come back

This message was authored by BarrieS1978 This message was authored by: BarrieS1978

Openreach not come back

I had openreach come Friday to move my broadband, they couldn't connect the cable underground and the engineer said someone would come and connect it up and left, I have not heard anything from either openreach or sky!! I have now spent over £60 on mobile data so far.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Openreach not come back

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BarrieS1978 

Openreach typically don't carry out domestic broadband work at subscriber addresses over weekends.  Unfortunately underground work takes as long as it takes, and that can be a very long time: you may need to try and reduce your data use because although the Ofcom compensation scheme should apply, the £5.25 a day for delayed activation or £8.40 for loss of service may well not cover that rate of expense.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Openreach not come back

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BarrieS1978  As additional work is required it wouldn't be done on a weekend and most certainly will take a few days even weeks etc to get this resolved, you would be best speaking to Sky for any updates.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion