Discussion topic: OpenReach upgrade to FTTP and collapsed ducts

Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: OpenReach upgrade to FTTP and collapsed ducts

@cookiemonsteruk What do you mean? I'm not asking about whether it's available to us - it's not yet - the work hasn't begun but our street is due in the next few months (roughly a third of our village have had the work done and we've been told verbally by someone who spoke to an OpenReach engineer that our street is being done soon.

All I'm really asking is whether OpenReach will fix any problems them come across in order to upgrade us to FTTP - whether that's digging up block pave drives, replacing ducts etc and then making things good again - and if so, whether we'll be charged for it. I'm aware we may have an issue as Virgin Media found a collapsed duct.

Topic Author

@TimmyBGood That's good to hear, I imagine £2600 would cover the cost the work involved. I've also heard that OpenReach are responsible for repairing collapsed ducts anyway so would be their responsibility regardless?

Virgin Media wouldn't do it as the cost of the work was more than what they would have made from our subscription as a customer.

Topic Author

@Highlinder That looks like two running into a single building?

Our is detached (as is our neighbours) so hopefully they could run two FTTP cables in my neighbour's duct and then run our one across the space between the two homes (about 5m).

Appreciate the reply and the photo, thanks.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnonymousThat is one side of a block of 4 flats. Hence the reason I am able to use my downstairs neighbours.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion