Discussion topic: No internet since 3pm yesterday

This message was authored by Karenmartin This message was authored by: Karenmartin

No internet since 3pm yesterday

We have had no internet or phone line since 3pm yesterday. I have tried resetting the router and checking the connections but still doesn't work. This is  very frustrating as I work from home and need the internet for my Job. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: No internet since 3pm yesterday

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Karenmartin Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Karenmartin
Topic Author
This message was authored by Karenmartin This message was authored by: Karenmartin

I have tried this and I still have no internet and I couldn't book and engineer. 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Karenmartin  You never said that you had done the broadband test in your original post. Does the broadband test complete or push any warnings?

Karenmartin
Topic Author

Thanks for your help. I have just found out that the workmen in my area have cut straight thru the main internet line for my area. So going to be without internet for a while. 

@KarenmartinGlad that you got to the bottom of it, I am sure that Openreach will be working on that for sometime.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Karenmartin 

Not that it gets your broadband sorted sooner but you should read this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it (once it’s fixed).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion