Discussion topic: No broadband and have to wait 5 days for an engineer visit!

This message was authored by MudShah This message was authored by: MudShah

No broadband and have to wait 5 days for an engineer visit!

I have been without broadband since this afternoon and during the broadband tests it says I need to book an engineer visit yet the outage checker is green and no outages in the area and to top it all off, it says I need to pay £15 for a weekend or an evening visit!!!

The next available date is 5 days away!

I want to know why I should have to pay £15 for a visit for something that is not my fault and secondly why the hell is it so difficult to contact someone in customer services to speak about the problem!

All I get from the sky help section is nothing! Just sends me around in loops, the same thing again and again with no phone number or even live chat!

Broadband is essential for me as we have been told that we will not be returning to work from the office, I will have not choice but to take annual leave until this problem is resolved, which is going to be a massive problem in itself at such short notice! I hope to God Sky are prepared to compensate me for all of this inconvenience and I mean for more than just the 5 days approx outage!

And before you ask why I can't tether from my phone etc... Mobile phone reception is terrible in my area and I don't have enough data for the amount of teams/zoom calls and streaming with 2 young children and a partner who also relies on the Internet to conduct her business!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No broadband and have to wait 5 days for an engineer visit!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MudShah wrote:

I hope to God Sky are prepared to compensate me for all of this inconvenience and I mean for more than just the 5 days approx outage!

Unfortunately as with every other domestic broadband provider it's not realistic to expect anything other than the standard £8.06 per day mandated by Ofcom.  One big reason home internet subscription costs are so low is there's next to no service level agreement even when 'working from home': real business-grade internet connectivity is significantly more expensive to cover things like Openreach availability at weekends.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: No broadband and have to wait 5 days for an engineer visit!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MudShah 

Standard SLA for Openreach is 3-5 working days hence why the next available appointment is 5 days away. The £15 charge is for a fasttrack weekend visit, you dont have to pay for it. 

As @TimmyBGood domestic internet connections are not designed with working from home in mind nor do they have the SLAs for it.

If you are forced to take anual leave just because your home broadband has gone down then I suggest you speak to your company about either letting people in the office if they have home internet troubles or have they pay for business grade internet at your home.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion