Discussion topic: No boosters given by engineer what next?

This message was authored by Joan3trewdf This message was authored by: Joan3trewdf

No boosters given by engineer what next?

Engineer set up my router but didn't add any boosters  which I paid for,  what happens now?   

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: No boosters given by engineer what next?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joan3trewdf 

Boosters are given out as standard, you need to call Sky in order to request them. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
Joan3trewdf
Topic Author
This message was authored by Joan3trewdf This message was authored by: Joan3trewdf

thanks for the reply,  so the £5 a month charge I'm paying isn't necessary?   Have you ever tried phoning sky,   takes over an hour to get through    I regret ever signing up  😞  

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Joan3trewdf 

You will need to call sky on

150 from your sky landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

They are entitlement you have ring up for

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Joan3trewdf wrote:

Have you ever tried phoning sky,   takes over an hour to get through    I regret ever signing up  😞  

I have, each time was about 0800 hrs and I was through within minutes. I think the last time was 18 minutes from calling to hanging up with a full resolve of my issue 🙂

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Joan3trewdf 

There's a slight typo above: Sky does not provide booster hardware as standard. If you subscribe to Broadband Boost there's the option to ask for a booster subsequent to broadband activation to meet the terms of the WiFi Guarantee, but none are delivered or set up by default.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood 
Good spot, I blame my fat fingers not keeping up with my brain when typing 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion