Discussion topic: No Broadband service for three months

This message was authored by Sean+Edward+Campb This message was authored by: Sean+Edward+Campb

No Broadband service for three months

My telephone line was accidentally cut by the Gas Board when they were disconnecting my Gas Supply in readiness to build a new home. I advised

Sky and asked them 26 times to fix it. I had the full package (Platinmum) and I

was paying circa £110 per month. Never

have I experienced such a bunch of idiots

who it transpires were wholly incapable of fixing it.

Despite this I continued to pay them and

only now after 12 weeks with no service I have stopped my Direct Debit and told

them to cancel my contract. They are now sending me demands for payment.

I have now ordered the service with EE and BT., who state my problem will be sorted no trouble. What a bunch of s--ts

this Sky lot are. I thought once they got rid of the Crook Murdoch things would get better-but no. It seems the Murdoch

skulldugery continues at pace. BEWARE

ALL OF YOU AND KEEP IN MIND THE DREADFUL WAY THEY HAVE TREATED ME.

AND, have you tried to e mail them lately ? You will find most of their e mail addresses are now none existent. They are a total waste of time-full stop.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No Broadband service for three months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sean+Edward+Campb wrote:

I have now ordered the service with EE and BT., who state my problem will be sorted no trouble.

No matter what their salesperson may say, they aren't going to be able to provision fixed-line broadband if there's still Openreach infrastructure repairs required.  BT, however can offer cellular failover to EE.

Despite this I continued to pay them and only now after 12 weeks with no service I have stopped my Direct Debit and told them to cancel my contract. They are now sending me demands for payment.

Yes, they'll do that.  Unfortunately by cancelling payment you've put yourself in automatic breach of contract irrespective of what the other circumstances are.

AND, have you tried to e mail them lately ? You will find most of their e mail addresses are now none existent. They are a total waste of time-full stop.

Sky has never offered customer support by email. 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion