Discussion topic: NO BROADBAND

This message was authored by Claire52 This message was authored by: Claire52

NO BROADBAND

Totally fed up with lack of proactively from sky - they take a huge bill each month for broadband sky glass etc etc and service is not delivering. Had no internet since Friday , they said 2 days to fix and now saying until Tuesday because it's a 2 working day turnaround with BT open reach !!! Not willing to send us any kind of data or dongle as the only thing we aren't with is sky mobile. How the hell can we work from home , kids do homework etc with this kind of poor service 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: NO BROADBAND

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Claire52  If you reported the fault on Firday then the SLA is 2 working days as set out by the network provider Openreach, this affects all ISP's using the Openreach network.

You're not paying for any kind of backup service with Sky, so unsure why you think they should give you a dongle? for that you need to find a provider that offers this service normally at a higher cost.

You also need to be aware Domestic Broadband has no 100% uptime guarantees and that faults can & do occur.

If you're reliant on broadband so much you need to choose a provider that can give 4G back up or source your own backup.

Working from home, having kids who can't do their homework etc does not give your service any higher priority over other users, you are after all paying for a domestic service with the SLA's it carries.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: NO BROADBAND

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Claire52 wrote:

it's a 2 working day turnaround with BT open reach !!!

That is correct.  The typical subscription for domestic broadband service (averaging about £1 a day) does not come close to covering what Openreach (not BT) charge business ISPs for weekend cover: 'guaranteed' seven day a week onsite support with a 12 hour response is at least five times that price.

Not willing to send us any kind of data or dongle as the only thing we aren't with is sky mobile. 

As @GD1 indicates, householders can choose to pay more to use an ISP which does offer failover to cellular broadband such as the BT 'Halo3+' offering (as I do myself)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion