Discussion topic: My Super NEW skyQ box....... is it?

This message was authored by CAT5E This message was authored by: CAT5E

My Super NEW skyQ box....... is it?

Well we had the router previous to this the square one with the smile faces on it, worked a treat, no problems at all with, until this year when it statred dropping it wifi signal started as every now and then as the year moved on it became more and more regular, we hard wired out TV as a try out and never dropped once rest of wifi devices still did, so we got it changed, turns out we had had it for 7 years aparantly, so it has had it time and done well the Sky chap said, we asked for a replacement as it is not working properly now, No problem, this is we no longer do it is out of date, so I will send you a newer one, and then mumble £40! and swiftly moved on...

1st argument! £40 to replace your equipment which not only does not work but it is out of date to boot, eventually after a lot of debating we came to a deal and it was sent. 

once arrived we plugged it in as requested and waited, and waited oh and waited in fact it only came live sometime between 4:15am and 7:30am, plugged in at around 21:00, so a fair bit of time we thought it was getting like TalkTalk again. But all live......

My wife comented about the time it was talking to down load a book from Amazon old router about a minute or so, the new QBOX about 5 mins ??? what supose to be better, then came Saturday night, Friends around let get Amazon music streaming in the kitchen and ...... oh! every 10 mns or so buffering??? and then stopping, ok three bars of signal in kitchen with OBOX, the older sky box 2 bars and played perfectly no stuttering, buffering and would search quickly and effectivly but not the super QBOX, fuming now!

2nd Argument, Called sky on Sunday, spoke to a young lady who to me sounded like she was reading her answers from a Y/N flow chart, seems after 7 years my router is in the wrong place as is my phone line, can't say it has been an issue for well including the very old AOL router well over a decade bu tnow it is, it seems the QBOX doesn't like a pine unit or a window near it, as it gets confused, she asked my net work download speed and it was 12MBs upload was 6Mbs, can you put your device closer to the router? as I said it is ONTOP of it, I can not get it any closer. she informed me SKY is giving me 64MBs to my house that all we need to do, so you can't cancel without charges, router Wifi is nothing to do with us, WOW even TalkTalk where not that dismisive, it seems we have to move it around our front room untill we find its best postion, hopefully it wont be in the middle of the lounge floor otherwise we will be booting it around every time we walk in! so far then with my super dooper Sky QBOX I am massivly unimpressed to say the least and considering it inially sat in the same postion EVERY other IPS.s box has including Sky but the QBOX get confused then all I can say is it must be a really cheaply made box now, so iall in all Past 7 years with Sky great, past couple of days BIG thumbs down, waiting on an RJ11 extension cable now (not moving phone socket for them) if that fails to provide a usable WIFI connection to the  world this box is GOING BACK - Not fit for purpose, in 2023 you should not have to be battling with an internet connection, one you had before which is now useless after the "NEW" box has arrived. We will wait and see! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion