Discussion topic: Low Bandwidth and speed

This message was authored by Js1412 This message was authored by: Js1412

Low Bandwidth and speed

I've recently moved to Sky as the package I now have promises top speeds. Despite everything saying it is ok on the app and saying it is reaching the speed it should, this is now so much slower than my previous broadband. I rely on this for work and still have to use Zoom. Yesterday I had to stop a meeting as it just kept freezing and for everyone in the meeting it was saying low bandwidth. There is no difference on devices I am using from before. I use Apple products and have read on some posts about Sky not being great  on Apple. I have gone through the help section on the app and now reaching out here for any advice before I end up running back to old supplier!

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Low Bandwidth and speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Js1412 

Are you using WiFi or ethernet? What is the speed like to your device?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Js1412
Topic Author
This message was authored by Js1412 This message was authored by: Js1412

Re: Low Bandwidth and speed

Thank you for replying.

I'm using Wifi.

So Sky customer service were really helpful Friday and got me to update hub and removed some of the shield settings. Tested everything they reauured me all would be good (I use Zoom a lot for work). Saturday morning same thing happened and my meeting didn't work. 

Phoned Sky back and they said they would get a pod out to help.

Have got pod on today and now the wifi speed is even worse!

I was reaching speeds of 200 mbps downstiars (hub is upstairs and I am on fastest wifi), now I'm just about reachig 20mbps!

I don't understand how my old wifi was a slower speed but reached everywhere in my house and I never had a problem on Zoom and now I have faster wifi I can't reach the same reliabilty.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion