Discussion topic: Lost connection

This message was authored by Chloe136 This message was authored by: Chloe136

Lost connection

My WiFi was working and then suddenly dropped out about 3 hours ago and hasn't come back on! It's the black router box, all plugged in and connected properly, have reset twice to no avail, it has become windy and rainy so not sure if that would have an effect? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Lost connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe136 Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

After the service checker completes and if it comes back green all good can you click on broadband to run an updated test please. If you get amber or red please follow the on screen instructions.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Chloe136
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chloe136 This message was authored by: Chloe136

• TThanks, I have tried this and it says there is an issue with the connection, then says to restart and check connections which I have done. It then says we need to test your connection which may take two minutes, but when I try that it just says "oops that didn't work, we're having some problems and our tests are unavailable at the moment" -  any ideas? Thanks! 
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe136  I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Chloe136 to chat.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Chloe136 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion