Discussion topic: Issues with Home Move

This message was authored by Ledham10 This message was authored by: Ledham10

Issues with Home Move

I am moving home, called sky, they can't seem to allow a move for sky broadband at new address, yet if I go to sky website as a new customer they offer deals to sign up at new address. Why is this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Issues with Home Move

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ledham10 the online site can only deal with certain types of move.. However igf you call in and speak to the Home Move team they should be able to help but probably will have to talk you through some changes and check you understand the implications.

There are a couple of possibilities first is that the voice line service will switch from a traditional analogue phone service shich works without power to a service provided via the Sky hub so wont work during power cuts which isnt an issue for most people but really affects peoplecwith some alarms The second is thst your new service will  be delivered over full fibre and requires work to run that line.

Given there is a minimum !0 working day lead time give tgem a ring as soon as you know your moving date. Class to 150 on your current Sky Talk line are free.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Ledham10
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ledham10 This message was authored by: Ledham10

Re: Issues with Home Move

Hi Chrissy, thank you for the reply. It's the Home Move team I have been speaking to. The system just won't allow the move for some reason. They explained about internet calls and that isn't an issue for us. The previous occupant had BT Broadband working perfectly well. It's frustrating because I need to get this sorted for work purposes when I move.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion