Discussion topic: Is there any way to get internet before two weeks?

This message was authored by Kluczynska This message was authored by: Kluczynska

Is there any way to get internet before two weeks?

I was wondering if there is a way to connect to a new house with an old sky box before the time that the engineer comes, I have tried to connect with the sky box in the new house and the box is plugged in but only has the wireless and the power light on.

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Is there any way to get internet before two weeks?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kluczynska  The 2 weeks timescale is set by Openreach, there is no way to override or prioritise your connection.  Openreach need to make connections at the exchange/local cabinet, therefore plugging in your router won't get you any service until the date you have been provided.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Kluczynska 

What broadband package have you gone for superfast fttc or ultrafast fttp?

Either way an engineer needs to call to the cabinet to remotely activate you if there is already a mastersocket in your house or install an ont if you are getting fttp. This is based on openreach availability 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Kluczynska  The 2 weeks timescale is set by Openreach, there is no way to override or prioritise your connection.  Openreach need to make connections at the exchange/local cabinet, therefore plugging in your router won't get you any service until the date you have been provided.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Kluczynska wrote:

I was wondering if there is a way to connect to a new house with an old sky box before the time that the engineer comes

No: broadband subscriptions do not follow an ISP router around the national telecoms infrastructure.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion