Discussion topic: Is the Sky Fibre Hub login the same?

This message was authored by Mapbuild This message was authored by: Mapbuild

Is the Sky Fibre Hub login the same?

Hi all

I've had fibre now for a few months but the hub identifies as the one that has been sent back - when I access the hub using the 192.168.1 route the id is my old wifi router name and there are no values for connection speed etc.

It appears to be working although the sky diagnostics tell me I'm getting 145mb/s connection at the hub but wifi I'm getting 56 mb/s

Any thoughts? I haven't changed anything since the hub was fitted and ignored the name of the router thinking it would sort itself out.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Is the Sky Fibre Hub login the same?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mapbuild 

If you have an ultrafast fttp connection the speeds are held by the fibre ont modem that is pretty much locked down 

The best way to check speeds is thru a ethernet connection on fast.com. 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Is the Sky Fibre Hub login the same?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mapbuild 

The Wifi name might have been fetched from exisiting boosters or Sky Q gear in your house? Thats pretty normal.

Regarding your speed, 56mbps over WiFi is pretty decent for the Sky hub. If you want faster you'll have to use ethernet or a 3rd party router.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion