Discussion topic: Installation this week but need router upstairs and phone downstairs

This message was authored by Dave+stuck This message was authored by: Dave+stuck

Installation this week but need router upstairs and phone downstairs

Hello,

im having a installation this week but I need the router upstairs and phone line downstairs.

What is easiest, asking for a phone line from router to run from upstairs to downstairs outside of the house or fitting pci wireless adapter cards in my computers?

David

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Installation this week but need router upstairs and phone downstairs

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dave+stuck wrote:

im having a installation this week but I need the router upstairs and phone line downstairs.

Even for a new FTTP installation, neither Openreach or the ISP is under any obligation to carry out additional work to facilitate that, nor is there typically the option to pay them to do so.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dave+stuck 

Fitting PCI cards is pretty easy, or you could go for USB WiFi if you don't want to open the enclosure up.

Keep in mind that for most new broadband installation, telephony will run from the router, but you can attach a DECT base to that and have phone handsets anywhere.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Dave+stuck
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dave+stuck This message was authored by: Dave+stuck

I have a lifeline calling device so I could temporarily move that upstairs until I get a electrician to run a phone cable downstairs 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion