Discussion topic: I upgraded my wifi and I thought a new router

This message was authored by Mollyferg96 This message was authored by: Mollyferg96

I upgraded my wifi and I thought a new router

I upgraded my wifi to the super fast and need a new hub for it. I was under the impression that one was being sent across in October but we never received one! I had emails saying it was arriving on Wednesday 5th before the wifi was being connected.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I upgraded my wifi and I thought a new router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mollyferg96 upgrading to Superfast does not require a new Sky hub as any hub provided in the last 6 plus years is suitable.

To be clear you upgraded your internet connection not your "wifi" which is the signal from your hub to your devices. Its a common misconception that faster internet connection will always improve slow wifi speeds while in some cases it will but in many where the liniting factor is the wifi itself it won't. Wifi speeds are down to the layout and construction if your home.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mollyferg96 

Either the flat Q Hub (110/115) or the upright Sky Broadband Hub (203/204) can work for FTTC: the latter is appropriate if you are being provisioned with Internet Calls.  The Sky Hub (102) is also technically in-support, but effectively obsolete as it has slower single-band WiFi.

Three Sky Hubs.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Mollyferg96 wrote:

I upgraded my wifi to the super fast and need a new hub for it. I was under the impression that one was being sent across in October but we never received one! I had emails saying it was arriving on Wednesday 5th before the wifi was being connected.

I would re-read your emails just to be sure it doesn't say "if required", and if not I would expect Sky to honour this by sending you the latest version.

Give them a call.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion