Discussion topic: I need to order a router

This message was authored by Sukie1965 This message was authored by: Sukie1965

I need to order a router

My mum has a Bradband Unlimied ccount but not wifi. She want's to sign up for wifi  on her account but we can't find where you do that on line.  Can anyone help with that?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I need to order a router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you mother has broadband then she does have Wifi. All she needs to do with something like a phone or tablet is to get the device to locate your Sky network, this guide should help:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/connect-devices-to-broadband-start

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Sukie1965
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sukie1965 This message was authored by: Sukie1965

To be clear. My mum knows that she has Sky Broadband but she doesn't have a hub. She other was never sent one or has lost it as she wasn't using it. I need to know how on the Syy online site I order a new hub/router as I cann'y find a link to order a new new.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Sukie1965  They will need to call Sky as yoiu can't just order replacement hubs online..   

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @Sukie1965 

As @GD1 says - speaking to Sky is the best option - but just to prepare her - it's going to be worth having a good think about what happened to the original router  (was it lost or never received )

That's relevant as the router is effectively borrowed from Sky and my guess is that - if lost - they will want to charge you for a replacement. 

The other thing to consider is that if she really has been paying for broadband without a hub - then she has been paying for something she has not used - and it's worth considering how that came about and if Sky will be considerate with any charges she's paid or is going to incur. 

follow this link for a phone number.  Hope you get this resolved 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-power-red-broadband-hub 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Sukie1965 your mum needs to call Sky it maybe an idea if you with her when she does so and she can authorise Sky to talk to you. It is possible she just has a Sky phone line and needs to order a broadband service but if she is paying for broadband it includes wifi

All Sky broadband accounts come with a free wifi hub and if your mum can use the internet (perhaps on a Sky tv box) it is highly likely she has one already but doesnt recognise it. The way to check is to use a mobile phone and go tell it to find wifi networks when in your mum's home, if it finds one near the top of the list called SKY7EBAG that will be your Mums hub. Go and find where the phone line comes in and the hub will be connected near there. It has a label on the bottom showing the same SSID the phone found below which is the wifi password simply enter that into the phone and the 2 should connect 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion