Discussion topic: I just recently bought sky broadband,wifi is poor and is not as promised in contract.

This message was authored by AV28 This message was authored by: AV28

I just recently bought sky broadband,wifi is poor and is not as promised in contract.

I just recently started connection with sky broadband.It is not at all effective and not even giving faster connection in the room where the hub is placed.Before purchase they offered a minimum speed and coverage.Everytime we are using net is disconnecting,reconmecting and not even working.The one who suggested from your team made sure coverage in particular area is really good had h/o of purchase.i need a very quick reply for this and solution or else need to stop this contract i need the compensation for false promise.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I just recently bought sky broadband,wifi is poor and is not as promised in contract.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AV28 wrote:

The one who suggested from your team made sure coverage in particular area is really good had h/o of purchase.

Sky loans wireless booster hardware free under the terms of the 'WiFi Guarantee' element of 'Broadband Boost' and the 'Enhanced Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' part of the 'WiFi Max' subscription supplement: they don't otherwise provide or sell them except to resolve issues with Sky Q. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these. 

Confusingly the 'Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' doesn't actually provide booster hardware, and is essentially a sales lead generator for the supplements mentioned above.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion