Discussion topic: I am looking to change to sky broadband but still in a contract

This message was authored by kingycr This message was authored by: kingycr

I am looking to change to sky broadband but still in a contract

I am looking to change to sky broadband but still locked into BT until 2nd September. would like to know if there is anything I can do

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: I am looking to change to sky broadband but still in a contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kingycr wrote:

I am looking to change to sky broadband but still locked into BT until 2nd September. would like to know if there is anything I can do

@kingycr You can give Sky a call, some ISP's are prepared to 'pay off' the remainder of a contract.

Not sure if Sky do and if they do, the maximum fee they will pay towards the change.

Dial 0333-759-1583; when calling, ignore the message at the beginning and stay on the phone as long as you can. If the system sends a text message and asks you to hang up, don't.
If asked for the reason of the call, just say speak to advisor or cancel, nothing else. Finally you should be put in the queue for an advisor.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@kingycr 

Have a look below 

If you switch to sky prior to bt contract ending sky can credit you with up to £100 early termination charges

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/switching-credit-offer

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@kingycr 

Sky will pay you up to £100 towards changing (you have to settle up with your current provider first).

This link explains 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

If you switch to sky prior to bt contract ending sky can credit you with up to £100 early termination charges

@cookiemonsteruk @Daniel0210 - now I know the value 👍

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@kingycr 

Note that the 'switching credit' scheme requires you to pay the ISP you are leaving when they demand it, and then Sky eventually credit your Sky broadband account after you've provided them with the required documentation (and with a significant delay).  While potentially worthwhile, it's far from ideal for cashflow management.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion