Discussion topic: How to book an engineer

This message was authored by Rtpannell1 This message was authored by: Rtpannell1

How to book an engineer

I have recently brought a new property and changed provider to sky. I cannot get the router to connect to the internet after undertaking all the relevant tests. I have tried to call customer services and use the automated assistant does anyone know the easiest way to get an engineer to visit my property to resolve please? 

All Replies

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Re: How to book an engineer

@Rtpannell1 wrote:

I have recently brought a new property and changed provider to sky. I cannot get the router to connect to the internet after undertaking all the relevant tests. I have tried to call customer services and use the automated assistant does anyone know the easiest way to get an engineer to visit my property to resolve please? 

• Please follow the advice below
  • As we are customers on the forum we can only provide advice.
    However, if you want to discuss an issue with Sky, for the general-purpose number click on "Need more help" at the bottom of this page
    https://www.sky.com/help/home.
    If you are in the ROI set the flag at the bottom of the page accordingly.
    If you have Sky Talk or Sky Mobile dial 150 for a free call to Sky.
  • When you call you will be asked if the call is to do with mobile say "No"
    You will then be asked the nature of the call say " Technical "
    You will be offered a text to the number you are calling on, say "Yes" and a text will be sent DO NOT hang up when it says to do so.
    It will then ask "do you wish to hang up" say " No" you will then be put in the queue for an advisor.
  • I hope this helps.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: How to book an engineer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rtpannell1 wrote:

I have recently brought a new property and changed provider to sky. I cannot get the router to connect to the internet after undertaking all the relevant tests.

Has your activated date been and gone, if so try running the broadband test via this link:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion