Discussion topic: How are you my router stats? Constantly showing 100% Packet Loss on BQM

This message was authored by Caralyn64 This message was authored by: Caralyn64

How are you my router stats? Constantly showing 100% Packet Loss on BQM

Just signed up with Sky a few days ago and wanted to check everything was okay with internet.

Had a few losses of connection for about 10/15 seconds or so and wanted to check if all was okay.

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 79999 kbps 19999 kbps
Line Attenuation D1(3.0 dB) , D2(6.7 dB) , D3(10.5 dB) U0(0.7 dB) , U1(4.1 dB) , U2(6.1 dB)
Noise Margin 9.8 dB 14.8 dB

Also, how do I get a real result from BQM? It just continuously says 100% packet loss.

Would appreciate some help on both questions. Thank you very much 🙂

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: How are you my router stats? Constantly showing 100% Packet Loss on BQM

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Caralyn64 your stats literaaly could not be better you are on a short line which is giving the maximum 80Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up based on the data given. When you lose connection what happens to the lights on your hub? Assuming the internet light changes to amber the connection has dropped. However given your line can operate at full tilt with a noise margin of 9.8dB means you should not get line drops unless noise levels are very high. Does your Sky Talk line crackle if it does then report that fault.

If the internet light stays green then there could be an issue with Sky's DNS system. These do happen occasionally and the wofk round is to power down your hub for a few minutes which should force a change in IP address and the physical server which normally bypasses the issue.

Assuming this is the Thinkbroadband.com BQM the most common issue is your public IP address has changed since you set up the monitor. Sky do not offer fixed IP4 addresses and when the public address changes you need to set up a new monitor.

Occasional line drops are not accepted as faults by Openreach until they reach double figures per 24 hours as the DLM system is designed to manage these but there are no signs thst has gone into action on your stats.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Caralyn64 your stats literaaly could not be better you are on a short line which is giving the maximum 80Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up based on the data given. When you lose connection what happens to the lights on your hub? Assuming the internet light changes to amber the connection has dropped. However given your line can operate at full tilt with a noise margin of 9.8dB means you should not get line drops unless noise levels are very high. Does your Sky Talk line crackle if it does then report that fault.

If the internet light stays green then there could be an issue with Sky's DNS system. These do happen occasionally and the wofk round is to power down your hub for a few minutes which should force a change in IP address and the physical server which normally bypasses the issue.

Assuming this is the Thinkbroadband.com BQM the most common issue is your public IP address has changed since you set up the monitor. Sky do not offer fixed IP4 addresses and when the public address changes you need to set up a new monitor.

Occasional line drops are not accepted as faults by Openreach until they reach double figures per 24 hours as the DLM system is designed to manage these but there are no signs thst has gone into action on your stats.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Caralyn64
Topic Author

Thank you for your help!

I've sorted the BQM and now getting a reading and thank you for your comment on the stats. Just like to make sur everything okay.

Enjoy your weekend.

Caralyn64
Topic Author

Just quickly, @Chrisee. Is a noise margin of 9.8 and 14.8 good? What region should they be in for optimal/good performance?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Caralyn64 the higher the noise margin the higher the stability but lower the speed. Your line is so short you can get the maximum speed allowed with a high noise margin. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion