Discussion topic: High Packet Loss / Poor Upload Speed

This message was authored by LiveWireUK This message was authored by: LiveWireUK

High Packet Loss / Poor Upload Speed

Hello,

Within the last week or so, I have noticed considerably poor upload speeds and around an average of 5-10% packet loss. Whilst I do not use the Sky Hub, so cannot provide specific router stats, I haven't used it since I've had the line in October 2022 and have never had this problem.

Below is my current BQM graph - 

LiveWireUK_0-1707686599693.png

A PingPlotter graph to 8.8.8.8 is also below - 

LiveWireUK_1-1707686760446.png

And some speedtest results - 

LiveWireUK_2-1707686900771.png

I hope to avoid an actual phone call and have seen posts on here get escalated to Sky and wonder if the same can be done? I spent over 4 hours on the weekend dealing with another company's technical support and could do with a break!

My day job is working in 2nd Line IT Support so am familiar with the whole "turn things off and on" routine - have done this to all my equipment and obtained 3 different IP's in the last 24 hours hoping that it may help, but ultimately it has not made a difference.

Thank you for reading!

All Replies

LiveWireUK
Topic Author
This message was authored by LiveWireUK This message was authored by: LiveWireUK

Re: High Packet Loss / Poor Upload Speed

Well, using the Sky Hub, all the problems went away  so it's either the hardware I have, or Sky not liking 3rd party equipment.

I'll go with option 1 and try new hardware over the weekend and see what happens....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion