Discussion topic: Hello . We've had Fiber Giga Fast installed since we started. We didn't exceed the speed limit of 30

This message was authored by KingaWojcik This message was authored by: KingaWojcik

Hello . We've had Fiber Giga Fast installed since we started. We didn't exceed the speed limit of 30

Hello . We've had Fiber Giga Fast installed since we started. We didn't exceed the speed limit of 30. I check every day. The socket that the engineer installed falls out of the wall. Is this why I pay so much money?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Hello . We've had Fiber Giga Fast installed since we started. We didn't exceed the speed limit o

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KingaWojcik 

Could you do a speed test using an etherneted device on fast.com with nothing else running in the background

Also if you access your hub stats as shown below can you download a file and wait 10 seconds before posting the hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Hello . We've had Fiber Giga Fast installed since we started. We didn't exceed the speed limit o

@KingaWojcik normally the full fibre connection required forca Gigafast service involves fitting a ONT unit (small white unit which is powered with led indicators) in your home. In. Some blocks of flats though these units are replaced by a combined unit in the comms room of the blick snd didtributed by ethernet cables is thst the typr of socket you refer to? Or are you referring to a normal copper master phone sicket which would explain the lower speeds? If you post your Sky hubs stats forum members can probably help,with the speed issue see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

Either way you need to get Sky to get the socket repaired I can see that your post has been escalated to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Hello . We've had Fiber Giga Fast installed since we started. We didn't exceed the speed limi...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @KingaWojcik.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@KingaWojcik wrote:

The socket that the engineer installed falls out of the wall. 

As @Chrisee indicates, FTTP typically doesn't involve a 'socket'.  Could you elaborate, or post a picture?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
KingaWojcik
Topic Author
This message was authored by KingaWojcik This message was authored by: KingaWojcik

Spoiler
This is how the engineer installed such a small socket with LEDs. He mounted it too big! word, he just put it in the wall, the screws fall out by themselves when you touch the socket 🤯 I check on Fast.com and my speed is still max. 38. Where should the minimum be 600. I pay £58 a month. When he was an engineer, I showed him the speed when he asked me to go to fast.com and the speed was low, he assembled the equipment and left, and I was left with weak Internet and a high bill for it. This is very weak.
KingaWojcik
Topic Author

This is how the engineer installed such a small socket with LEDs. He mounted it too big! word, he just put it in the wall, the screws fall out by themselves when you touch the socket 🤯 I check on Fast.com and my speed is still max. 38. Where should the minimum be 600. I pay £58 a month. When he was an engineer, I showed him the speed when he asked me to go to fast.com and the speed was low, he assembled the equipment and left, and I was left with weak Internet and a high bill for it. This is very weak.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@KingaWojcik you have had an invitation to chat with Sky and they will have placed a chat icon on the forum pages for you tomuse. I suggest you do that as they can get Openreach back to check the install and they can check the speeds for you.. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion