Discussion topic: Going live

This message was authored by Helps+with This message was authored by: Helps+with

Going live

Hi,

Im new to sky & the community chat.  I'm looking for some helpful advice please? My tiny box has arrived for my TV but my main hub hasn't yet? And I'm about to be connected and go live on the 2nd of May. Sounds silly but I'm not Tech Savvy 🫣 we currently have no Tv or internet services with just moving. So we are contending with just our mobiles 🙄 and the signal is horrendous 😲 so I'm asking advice on how do I go live without my main box?! Or will it just magically happen 😂

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Going live

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helps+with 

You do need a Hub (or a Sky-compatible router) to get broadband.  The Hub is supposed to be despatched to arrive a couple of days before the scheduled activation date, but sometimes that doesn't happen as planned, and unfortunately you'll then need to contact Sky after that date to arrange a substitute.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Helps+with
Topic Author
This message was authored by Helps+with This message was authored by: Helps+with

Re: Going live

Ahh thanks, I had a feeling that was the case!? Probably doesn't help with the bank holiday 🫣 I will see if I can track my hub down 😉

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion