Discussion topic: Full Fibre - Provider

This message was authored by katiebarts This message was authored by: katiebarts

Full Fibre - Provider

Hello, in need of techhie advice!  We currently have superfast with sky plus a couple of boosters around the house. Our internet is CRAP. Slow, up and down, cant connect half the time, doesnt reach the whole house.  So we want to upgrade to Full Fiber as its just been installed on our lane.  Sky sayng they cant do this yet but Plusnet can. So I want to move over to plusnet. My questions are:

1. Will the sky boosters work with a plusnet router or shall i just try a whole new system - like a mesh system (if so any recs on one - biggish house, thick walls, needs to also reach an outbuilding about 15m away)

2. Will sky Q all still work with a differnet provider. 

3. Thinking of getting sky glass in the future, will this work ok with a diff provider. 

Thank you! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Full Fibre - Provider

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@katiebarts  With Sky saying they are unable to do it. How long ago was this installed in your street, as Sky's database does take around 6 weeks to update to show changes like this so that customers can order things like FTTP.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@katiebarts wrote:

1. Will the sky boosters work with a plusnet router or shall i just try a whole new system - like a mesh system

Sky wireless boosters are not really up to distributing 500Mbs or Gigabit 'Ultrafast'

2. Will sky Q all still work with a differnet provider. 

Yes

3. Thinking of getting sky glass in the future, will this work ok with a diff provider. 

Yes

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
katiebarts
Topic Author
This message was authored by katiebarts This message was authored by: katiebarts

Thank you! SO basically forget sky broadband and move on!  I see you have BT who also will provde FF now...

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@katiebarts 

Sky boosters wont function with a different provider but your Sky Q system will be fine and you'll have the option to enable the hotspot functionality even with a different ISP

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion