Discussion topic: Fibre broadband

This message was authored by hetheron This message was authored by: hetheron

Fibre broadband

Just had full fibre installed

Phone now plugged in to uk phone socket on hub but can I use my other existing phone by using a splitter adapter at the hub phone socket so I can have two working phones ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Fibre broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@hetheron 

Yes, a simple wiring splitter into the socket on the Hub should work (although whether the Hub supplies enough current to permit two handsets without their own power supplies to function is unknown).

A neater solution is to use that socket to host the base station for a set of DECT handsets.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@hetheron 

Yes, a simple wiring splitter into the socket on the Hub should work (although whether the Hub supplies enough current to permit two handsets without their own power supplies to function is unknown).

A neater solution is to use that socket to host the base station for a set of DECT handsets.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@TimmyBGood  Use a splitter in the back of the hub and it does work with 2 phones connected.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion