Discussion topic: FTTP Gigafast ONT size and cable size

This message was authored by reddwarfcrew This message was authored by: reddwarfcrew

FTTP Gigafast ONT size and cable size

Hi, I've orderd gigafast (mainly for the better upload speeds) and want to get everything set up to make the install painless.

Can someone confirm the dimensions of the ONT?

also what size hole will i need to drill for the fibre from the junction box outside into my home.

Thanks.

Sky Q 2TB UHD, 3 Sky Minis, Sky Gigafast SR203.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: FTTP Gigafast ONT size and cable size

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@reddwarfcrew 

The favoured ont is the nokia and the dimensions are below

89 x 82 x 25 mm(Nokia) – 90 x 82 x 25 mm (Huawei)

However the work including bringing in the fibre and drilling will be done by openreach

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
reddwarfcrew
Topic Author
This message was authored by reddwarfcrew This message was authored by: reddwarfcrew

Thanks that's great, really helpful.. both are basically the same size 🙂

Yep I know the work to bring the cable in will be done by Openreach, I just want to put the hole in place.  It's literally next to where O/R will bring the cable up through the ground as they've already put blue rope up thru the ducts around the estate. Just want to drill the hole in the right place.

Sky Q 2TB UHD, 3 Sky Minis, Sky Gigafast SR203.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@reddwarfcrew 

In addition the ont will be placed up to 10metres from where the fibre enters the property and 3ft from the nearest electric power socket and would strongly advise against pre empting openreachs by the book installation

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion