Discussion topic: FTTP Broadband Installation delayed, not sure why.

This message was authored by Maku This message was authored by: Maku

FTTP Broadband Installation delayed, not sure why.

Hello,

I should have my Sky broadband installed tomorrow, but unfortunately, Sky has informed me that this is delayed by Openreach. Im wondering why my FTTP installation has been delayed that many weeks.

I live in a block of six flats, and a few weeks ago Openreach came and installed a small white box above my and other flats front doors (photo attached). There is also a much bigger white box installed in the landlord utility room, probably the main unit or whatever the name of it is.

In my sky messages, it still says that Engeneer will come tomorrow, but in my help requests, there is another message saying that my installation is delayed and I will receive an update on March 19. I have not yet received my Sky router. 

Is there any chance that Engeneer will come tomorrow anyway? I'm working full-time, and I really don't want to waste my holiday for nothing.

I have attached some photos that might help.

Please, can anyone advise?

Thank you.

sky2.JPGsky1.JPG

20240211_120313.jpg

NETBT.JPG

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: FTTP Broadband Installation delayed, not sure why.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Maku 

'Built to Curtilage External Build required' would tend to indicate there may not yet be a fibre feed cable, a suitable duct and/or an entry point to the building itself: without that there's nothing for all the internal optical distribution to connect with.  Unfortunately external work is frequently subject to delaying factors such as local authority and utility company notification requirements, pavement and road closure orders, traffic control, digging equipment availability and so on.

FTTP_1.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Maku
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply, @TimmyBGood 

Openreach was fitting purple cable from pavement (underground) to the building. Not sure if its connected to the exchange? or must be connected to pole maybe?

Untitled.jpg

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Maku 

They may have fed it into the building but it may not yet be connected to active at the exchange level or building level

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Maku 

An optical cable to the property would connect back to the nearest CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal ) and then to the wider optical network.  Getting that connection into the building and then up to an internal distribution point is a separate task to the optical distribution to each flat, and unfortunately often subject to delay.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Maku
Topic Author

Thank you, guys, for such fast answers. I do understand that these things can happen, and I will probably wait until the 19th to see what's going to happen.

Maku
Topic Author

I need some more help with my order again.

Unfortunately, I will have to move out of my current place in the next few weeks. Life is not treating me easily at the moment.

Going to the point where my service is not active yet, Openreach has not done any work yet, and I am not connected, I need to cancel my broadband order asap.

Can anyone explain to me what to do? Ring sky? What to say? Will I have to pay any penalties? 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Maku 

You'll need to call Sky to cancel, since the install has not been completed you should not encounter any charges.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion