Discussion topic: Error on tracking.

This message was authored by LW11 This message was authored by: LW11

Error on tracking.

Hello,

I went to track my broadband, I was supposed to have open reach come out the 15th to fit the grey box outside. However they seem to have fitted it today. What will happen to my sky appointment? It was meant to be 8am-1:30pm on Monday 25th to activate my WiFi. Will that still take place? Many thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Error on tracking.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LW11 

If you are getting FTTP and don't yet have an ONT inside the property then there's still work to be done: that would typically be carried out at the second appointment.

Openreach will often do the first stage (optical cable to CSP) ahead of schedule if they have spare resources and the location means they don't need to consult the householder.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
LW11
Topic Author
This message was authored by LW11 This message was authored by: LW11

So should the sky engineer still be scheduled to come out on day stated?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LW11 

For FTTP second stage someone has to attend to fit the ONT indoors and get a fibre pigtail to it.  That's usually Openreach, but Sky has a small number of fusion splicing teams in action too.  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion