Discussion topic: Does anyone have an outage in Chippenham?

This message was authored by Thorneville This message was authored by: Thorneville

Does anyone have an outage in Chippenham?

Just wondered if anyone has outage in Chippenham. Since we went from broadband to fibre our Internet has got worse not better. It was bad when we had broadband, hence the reason going to fibre but since having it over last 9 months it has gone from bad to worse. To add to it our phone lines are now through the Internet so when it goes down we loose everything.

Not good when there are 3 disabled adults and 2 disabled children in the house. One of the adults needs a phone line as a matter of live/death to call an Ambulance if required.  It would be OK if we could get a mobile signal but we don't even get that.  Then there is the guarantee of Internet in everyroom or your money back.  Its never works in half of the house!!  Just interested to find out what it's like for others.

All Replies

This message was authored by George16 This message was authored by: George16

Re: Does anyone have an outage in Chippenham?

Hi, I've been online trying to find out if it was me also for the last hour. 

The home broadband just stopped working and it looks like on down detector sky is having issues. 

I live in Calne, around the mile elm area, so I reckon we're experiencing the same related issue. 

This message was authored by LemonAdie This message was authored by: LemonAdie

I have the same problem. Bristol Road area of Chippenham.

This message was authored by Mtr12 This message was authored by: Mtr12

Yeah, we have an outage in Chippenham too

This message was authored by Jules+Kaos This message was authored by: Jules+Kaos

Yeah Corsham is down... no Internet....it makes me laugh that ... you check with Sky and there are no know issues but there is...Sky is rubbish always goes down, if there is planned maintenance they should let you know...!

This message was authored by Mika+Hakkinen This message was authored by: Mika+Hakkinen

Go to downdetector.co.uk and look at the masses of companies with total or partial outages:

BT, Virgin Media, Xbox Live, Minecraft, Gmail, TalkTalk, Microsoft store, Halifax, Santander, EE, Plusnet, FIFA, Coinbase, Microsoft 365, Facebook, Netflix, Nationwide, O2, 3, TikTok, TSB, Cityfibre, PlayStation Network, Instagram, Grand Theft Auto...

I've not listed all the others, but this gives you a scale of a problem that is FAR bigger than just Sky.

Peopls are so quick to jump to conclusions & blame their ISP suddenly claiming they are the worst thing in their lives, when they have rarely gone down solely on their own.

Bearing in mind that there are under sea cables carrying a huge volume of internet traffic which can be damaged accidentally/be sabotaged, as well as foreign state-sponsored hackers  whose sole aim in life is to steal intellectual property & money/cryptocurrency, and to deploy ransomewhere, and to engage in DDoS attacks to cripple not just individual sites, but ISP's/major servers in multiple numbers & in multiple different areas.

It's at the very least a nationwide problem, possibly a continental/partially global outage.

Being vigilant helps, but just blaming the first company you have jumped to the conclusion that you think is solely responsible without thinking to even check any external source helps nobody.

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Panasonic ‎TX-55LZ800B 4K OLED
Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V6A 7.2 surround sound
Sky VIP Diamond
This message was authored by Amy1221 This message was authored by: Amy1221

About an hour and a half away from you, I'm having the same issue, with a disabled child highly reliant on their tablet right now due to being awake, having to use my mobile data, happened last night too but not for this long.. been nearly 2 hours down now.. last night lasted about 20 mins 

This message was authored by Jules+Kaos This message was authored by: Jules+Kaos

Thanks,

It's back on now....not a global problem.....some times it's a maintenance process that sky do...and it happens at around the same time once or twice a month or so.

I do have downdetector, and 99% of the time it is Sky/BT etc

Thanks

Jules

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion